Causes of gaining weight and obesity…
Yoga is ancient science which always brings benefits to everybody. Gaining weight and obesity is essentially a state of metabolic disturbance. We gain weight when there is an imbalance between the intake and expenditure of energy in the body. With all the benefits from modern life such as car, washing machine, computer etc. we do not use as many calories which we did just a few years before when we didn’t have this kind of facilities. Modern life style includes packaged food, spices, refined products and even addictive ingredients. So all these are the main causes for gaining weight and obesity.
How yoga can help for losing weight
- Yoga works in a unique way. Yoga can give you the energy and enthusiasm to create your weight loss plan and more importantly the inner strength required to stick to the plan.
- It works on the endocrinal system and changes the hormonal balance in the body. Unwanted fat from the body is removed by burning calories as well as by altering the hormonal balance of the whole body.
- Yoga can support your weight loss goals by giving a healthy direction to your life energy.
- Yoga postures help balance your body. Some yoga poses, when performed correctly, massage the endocrine glands and the digestive system which improves digestion.
- Lastly, and most importantly, yoga can help control how much, how and what to eat. Regular yoga practice can give you a valuable and unshakeable body consciousness that would help you eat less and the right kind of food.
- Yogic Asanas tone up the body by penetrating deep into each tissue and muscle which general exercises cannot achieve. Yoga will help you change the functioning of your entire system, lose weight and build a healthy muscle tone.
TONING YOUR ABS
Toning exercises are good for a flat stomach and regular practice will give you a well toned and flat abdomen. As these exercise will also effected to LIVER and liver has many important and essential functions. It is very powerful and detoxifier and cleanser. It purifies your blood. A good and healthy liver can dispose bad fats and put good fats to work for you. Its gives you energy by storing the glucose and making coenzyme Q10 that powers your muscles. Some certain Yoga Postures and exercise gives vital force to liver.
Some yogic exercises are:
- Lie on back, body straight
- Slowly raise legs to 90 degrees, foot flat, toes in and hold for 15 -20 seconds.
- Slowly lower the legs to starting position.
Repeat 10 times.
- Lie on back, bend knees as shown.
- Interlock hands behind head, keeping elbows close to head.
- Lift up exhaling, hold for 15-20 seconds breathing normally.
- Come back to starting position.
Repeat 10 – 20 times
- Lie on back and bend knees, interlock legs, position as shown.
- Interlock hands behind head.
- Exhale as you lift up, hold for count of 15-20 breathing normally.
- Come back to starting position.
Repeat 10-20 times
CONTRACTIONS FOR ABS
Holding yogic contractions is the key to losing the fat around your stomach. The following Asanas help increase muscle strength while toning the body and melting the fat. Practiced regularly, they will give you a well-toned and flat abdomen.
- Lie on back.
- Raise upper body, arms and legs, exhaling as you come up.
- Hold the position for a count of 15- 20, breathing normal.
- Inhale as you come back to starting position.
- Lie on back with arms stretched above your head. Inhale
- Raise one leg, upper body with arms stretched out as shown.
- Hold for 15-20 seconds, breathing normal.
- Inhale as you come back to start position.
- Repeat with other leg.
- Lie flat on stomach, legs straight, and feet together, soles of feet uppermost.
- Place palms below and to side of shoulders, forehead on floor.
- Inhale as you slowly stretch the upper body upwards.
- Straighten arms and arch the back as shown
- Hold 20 -30 seconds breathing normal.
- Lie on back. Fold your knees, place feet near hips.
- Place palms underneath shoulders, finger pointing towards feet.
- Raise hips and arch your back, shifting your weight onto your hands.
- Push up and raise your head and upper body as far as you can.
- Hold for 10-30 seconds then slowly lower the body to starting position.
- Stand on knees, knees a little apart.
- Reach back for heel with the same hand and then reach for the other heel with the other hand.
- Push your hips forward and drop your neck back.
- Drop the head back and arch back, pushing hips forward.
- Hold for a few seconds breathing normally
- Slowly resume starting position.
- Lie on your stomach, arms beside you.
- Bend your knees and catch hold of your ankles.
- Push feet away from head and raise your upper body as shown.
- Hold for a few seconds – breathing normally.
- Exhale as you lower your body.
Thank you very much
Master Praveen Kr. Verma
admin March 12th, 2013
Posted In: Yoga Article